Index Labels

Love

. . No comments:
Yesterday at church, it was just an amazing service.   Phil Urena preached and he's a pastor out of a church in Long Island, NY.  We were not able to attend the conference over the weekend, but I'm so glad we were able to be at service.

God is definitely moving.  Phil had us do something near the end of the service that I don't ever recall doing at any church, including the Tempe Vineyard.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the house and most people minus 2 classes of children were able to be in service, kids from 5 years old and up.

Phil spoke on Love and what that meant, as well as Faith and some other things.  He had our Pastor and his wife come up on stage in a seat and had us love on them.  He started off by telling the Pastor publicly and his wife what he loved about them specifically.  Then, he asked anyone who wanted to say something to stand up.



Over the course of the next half hour or so, pretty much over half of the church's individuals stood up and shared what they loved about John and Jess.  First it was a few and finally I got up the nerve and shared how I felt so loved and non-judged at our church, especially by John.  Both John and Jess have given me many words of wisdom over the years and they are my spiritual parents.  As Phil talked about allowing his people to go through their own process of learning and growing, I have seen John and Jess do this to me in the most loving, non-condemning way.

I had expressed this to them in front of everyone and couldn't help but cry because they have seen me through so much.  In fact, I'm crying again as I write this.  Many people couldn't help but as they were expressing how much John and Jess have showed us that they love us in action, to cry also.

The service was so awesome and then we ended with ministry time, which is wonderful.  My husband and I both went up, which rarely will my husband want to go up.  And, my husband just wanted to keep staying at church.  He didn't want to leave.  God is doing something, because normally he just wants to leave.  He said for the first time, he felt incredibly connected and a part of the TVC family.

There was a huge sense of connectedness and love when you hear verbally and risk to share in a safe environment.  We are truly blessed to be part of an amazing church that loves Jesus and is doing Jesus' stuff.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate